[perl #79074] HeSVKEY_force loses UTF8ness

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
September 11, 2013 06:32
Subject:
[perl #79074] HeSVKEY_force loses UTF8ness
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1378881157-1166.79074-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Nov 11 12:25:55 2010, zefram@fysh.org wrote:
> The HeSVKEY_force() macro does not copy UTF8ness from a non-SV key
>    into
> the temporary SV that it returns.  This is plain from its #definition.

I've attached a fix with a test for this.

I couldn't find any accessible use of HeSVKEY_force() in core where it
was called with a non-SV key, so this is going to have more of an effect
on CPAN users than core.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new