[perl #88814] op/sigdispatch.t fails on openbsd for threaded builds

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
September 11, 2013 04:07
Subject:
[perl #88814] op/sigdispatch.t fails on openbsd for threaded builds
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1378872465-1922.88814-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Nov 05 11:22:56 2012, LeonT wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>
> wrote:
> >> If I remember correctly (what I read on the Internet)(and the
> Internet still
> >> seems to feel the same way about it), OpenBSD threads are green (ie
> userland)
> >>
> >> I wonder if this has a lot to do with the problem.
> >
> > It's M:N actually. And I'd bet my money on that being the underlying
> > cause problem. It's no coincidence the other BSDs have dropped it
> > IMNSHO: it's rather hard to implement correctly.
>
> OpenBSD 5.2 has a new pthreads implementation, apparently. It might
> actually work now.

So it does, I've adjusted the skip to not skip from openbsd 5.2 onwards.

Pushed as 054559e9ad19b1a90ee0cac7d5106e5e0a809fb7.

So closing this ticket.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open