[perl #70203] The instructions for patching Configure could use a bit of an update

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 7, 2013 21:50
Subject:
[perl #70203] The instructions for patching Configure could use a bit of an update
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1378590640-1433.70203-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Sep 07 09:18:41 2013, hmbrand wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 10:07:04 -0700, "James E Keenan via RT"
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed Nov 04 23:51:57 2009, hmbrand wrote:

> > > git, not sourceforge.

> > > already

> > > than
> > > metaconfig.

> > > Ah, correct. I will address that shortly!
> > >

> > Has this question about how/where we say changes to Configure need to be
> > committed been addressed?
>
> I changed that to
> --8<---
> # Note: this Configure script was generated automatically. Rather than
> # working with this copy of Configure, you may wish to get metaconfig.
> # The dist package (which contains metaconfig) is available via SVN:
> #     svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/dist/code/trunk/dist
> #
> # Though this script was generated by metaconfig from metaunits, it is
> # OK to send patches against Configure itself. It's up to the Configure
> # pumpkin to backport the patch to the metaunits if it is accepted.
> # For more information on patching Configure, see pod/perlhack.pod
> #
> # The metaunits are also available from the public git repository:
> #     http://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git/ or
> #     $ git clone git://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git metaconfig
> #
> # See Porting/pumpkin.pod for more information on metaconfig.
> -->8---
>
> back in
>
> commit 7f5516d11013641bb723aba27b6cb26c845b096c
> Author: H.Merijn Brand <merijn@nb09.procura.nl>
> Date:   Thu Nov 5 15:32:11 2009 +0100
>
>     Mention git repo in Configure's header
>

> I think that the *middle* section is enough, right?

Yes.  Thanks for the response.  Marking ticket resolved.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open