[perl #84338] abs_path() errouneously returning undef because lstat() sets errno to EINVAL

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 7, 2013 03:09
Subject:
[perl #84338] abs_path() errouneously returning undef because lstat() sets errno to EINVAL
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1378523365-440.84338-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Feb 24 00:43:58 2011, webmaster@simplemood.com wrote:
> > I cannot produce this on Mac OS X.
>
> Right, it is only reproducible on certain machines.
>
> > Does the affected server remain right
> > itself if you switch to a non-threaded build?
>
> As a matter of fact it does, nice!
>
> So it appears to be a (64bit) threading issue …

Tonight I built a threaded perl on the Dromedary server, at blead, and
then attempted to reproduce the problem the OP reported in early 2011.

#####
sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel -Dusethreads -Duseithreads
make -j8
#####
./perl -I./lib -MCwd -Mstrict -wle 'my $etc = Cwd::abs_path("/etc");if
(defined $etc) { print "Defined: $etc" } else { print "Undefined"; }'
#####
Defined: /etc
#####

Granted, I did not configure with the long list of arguments the OP did.
 But this tends not to support the presence of a problem.

Can anyone confirm?  Is this ticket closable?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open