Re: [perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function onfiles >=2G

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
September 6, 2013 06:57
Re: [perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function onfiles >=2G
Message ID:
20130906085651.1409d9d9@pc09.procura.nl
On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:14:31 +1000, Tony Cook <tony@develop-help.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 08:03:44PM -0700, Linda Walsh via RT wrote:
> > On Fri Aug 30 02:28:02 2013, LeonT wrote:
> > > I just pushed a fix to smoke-me/leont/big-mmap. Don't think we can test it
> > > systematically though, given the filesize.
> > ----
> > How might one download/access the fix?
> >
> > When I tried through cpan, I keep getting it asking for a username/password:
> > Fetching with LWP:
> > http://mirrors.kernel.org/CPAN/authors/id/s/s//s/sm/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap.gz
> >
> > Proxy authentication needed!
> >  (Note: to permanently configure username and password run
> >    o conf proxy_user your_username
> >    o conf proxy_pass your_password
> >      )
> > Username:
> > Password:
> >
> > ----
> > (note -- local proxy doesn't require a username/pw, so I'm guessing it
> > is the remote end?)
>
> He pushed it to the git respository at perl5.git.perl.org, if you have
> git installed:
>
>   git clone -b smoke-me/leont/big-mmap git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git

Or visit the web interface at
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/shortlog/refs/heads/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap

And the single patch from there
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/40206cde2a95959c16dd7ff4b4c3e46f09de43ab

Or look at the diff on the web
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/40206cde2a95959c16dd7ff4b4c3e46f09de43ab

> Your linux distribution should include a git package.
>
> Otherwise:
>
>   wget http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/snapshot/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap.tar.gz
>
> or its curl or LWP equivalent should download it.
>
> Note that this is a change against bleadperl, so if you build this,
> you're building a development perl, not a final release.
>
> Tony

using perl5.00307 .. 5.19   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE