Re: [perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function onfiles >=2G

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
September 6, 2013 04:14
Re: [perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function onfiles >=2G
Message ID:
20130906041431.GD10314@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 08:03:44PM -0700, Linda Walsh via RT wrote:
> On Fri Aug 30 02:28:02 2013, LeonT wrote:
> > I just pushed a fix to smoke-me/leont/big-mmap. Don't think we can test it
> > systematically though, given the filesize.
> ----
> How might one download/access the fix?
>
> When I tried through cpan, I keep getting it asking for a username/password:
> Fetching with LWP:
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/CPAN/authors/id/s/s//s/sm/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap.gz
>
> Proxy authentication needed!
>  (Note: to permanently configure username and password run
>    o conf proxy_user your_username
>    o conf proxy_pass your_password
>      )
> Username:
> Password:
>
> ----
> (note -- local proxy doesn't require a username/pw, so I'm guessing it
> is the remote end?)

He pushed it to the git respository at perl5.git.perl.org, if you have
git installed:

  git clone -b smoke-me/leont/big-mmap git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git

Your linux distribution should include a git package.

Otherwise:

  wget http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/snapshot/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap.tar.gz

or its curl or LWP equivalent should download it.

Note that this is a change against bleadperl, so if you build this,
you're building a development perl, not a final release.

Tony