[perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function on files >=2G

From:
Linda Walsh via RT
Date:
September 6, 2013 03:03
Subject:
[perl #119475] :mmap flag in open cause hang in eof function on files >=2G
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1378436623-698.119475-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Aug 30 02:28:02 2013, LeonT wrote:
> I just pushed a fix to smoke-me/leont/big-mmap. Don't think we can test it
> systematically though, given the filesize.
----
How might one download/access the fix?

When I tried through cpan, I keep getting it asking for a username/password:
Fetching with LWP:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/CPAN/authors/id/s/s//s/sm/smoke-me/leont/big-mmap.gz

Proxy authentication needed!
 (Note: to permanently configure username and password run
   o conf proxy_user your_username
   o conf proxy_pass your_password
     )
Username:
Password:

----
(note -- local proxy doesn't require a username/pw, so I'm guessing it
is the remote end?)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open