Re: Should runperl warn about "<"?

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
Re: Should runperl warn about "<"?
Message ID:
20130831133717.30713.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Zefram asked:
> Opinions on rebuilding runperl around this?

I have an unreleased module that changes

print "Just another Perl hacker,\n"

s bbl eq lbe x s eechr oct ord uc iee x s ffchr hex hex hex hex afe x
s ggng x s iichr oct hex ord uc vieo x s jjchr oct ord reverse ord uc
bje x s llhackerl x s mmchr hex hex hex eme x s nnerln x s oouc poe x
s ppchr hex hex hex epe x s qqanotherq x s sschr hex hex hex eseo x s
vvustv x s wwuc jweo x s yychr hex hex hex hex ayeo x s zzchr hex hex
hex eze x s aaprinta x eval or die

And my excuse for writing it was to put things on the command line portably. :-)  So, yes, it can be fun.

But no, I think runperl should stay simple.  It’s only used for test-
ing and we control all of its input.  So simply warning is sufficient.