[perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 28, 2013 23:40
Subject:
[perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-24298-1377733218-814.119455-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Aug 28 15:46:25 2013, doy@tozt.net wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 03:28:22PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT
> wrote:
> > On Wed Aug 28 14:17:43 2013, doy@tozt.net wrote:
> > > On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 02:14:14PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via
> RT
> > > lexical
> > > keywords

> sub
> > > <http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/0be5d18d4f53>.
> > >
> > > This actually doesn't work yet, because prototypes aren't parsed
> on
> > > lexical subs (and Devel::CallParser hooks into the prototype
> parsing
> > > mechanism). I think this was reported somewhere, but I can't
> remember
> > > where at the moment.
> >
> > I think you are confusing call parsers and call checkers; I could be
> wrong.
> >
> > I believe 5.18.1 addressed the latter:
> >
> > =item *
> >
> > Lexical constants (C<my sub a() { 42 }>) no longer crash when
> inlined.
> >
> > =item *
> >
> > Parameter prototypes attached to lexical subroutines are now
> respected when
> > compiling sub calls without parentheses.  Previously, the prototypes
> were
> > honoured only for calls I<with> parentheses. [RT #116735]
>
> Prototypes do work now, but Devel::CallParser still doesn't seem to.
> I'm
> not sure what exactly the issue is.

If you have a test case, could you file a separate bug?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open