[perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 28, 2013 22:28
Subject:
[perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1377728902-943.119455-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Aug 28 14:17:43 2013, doy@tozt.net wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 02:14:14PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT
> wrote:
> > On Wed Aug 28 12:53:28 2013, plokinom@gmail.com wrote:
> > > 2) Function::Parameters is a lexical pragma. Does D:CP provide
> lexical
> > > exports? I don't see how to get the effect of lexically scoped
> keywords
> > > with plain subs.
> >
> > You can use Lexical::Var for that.  Or use Perl’s own lexical sub
> > feature.  See
> <http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/0be5d18d4f53>.
>
> This actually doesn't work yet, because prototypes aren't parsed on
> lexical subs (and Devel::CallParser hooks into the prototype parsing
> mechanism). I think this was reported somewhere, but I can't remember
> where at the moment.

I think you are confusing call parsers and call checkers; I could be wrong.

I believe 5.18.1 addressed the latter:

=item *

Lexical constants (C<my sub a() { 42 }>) no longer crash when inlined.

=item *

Parameter prototypes attached to lexical subroutines are now respected when
compiling sub calls without parentheses.  Previously, the prototypes were
honoured only for calls I<with> parentheses. [RT #116735]

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open