Re: [perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API

From:
Jesse Luehrs
Date:
Re: [perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API
Message ID:
20130828212943.GD15882@tozt.members.linode.com
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:24:43PM +0100, Zefram wrote:
> Lukas Mai wrote:
> >1) There's no documentation that tells you how you actually integrate it
> >in a distribution.
>
> Yeah.  That bit's tricky.  ExtUtils::CBuilder really isn't set up to
> get the linking right on Windows.
>
> >What exactly is "prior"? Do I do this once and check the file in? Or is
> >this supposed to run as part of the build process
>
> You generate the header during the build process.  The header is specific
> to a particular Perl version.
>
> >                                                  (in which case, how do
> >I extend the Makefile to make it do that)?
>
> That's between you and ExtUtils::MakeMaker.  I've never done it that way;
> I use Module::Build.
>
> >                                           Or is this supposed to run at
> >configure time
>
> You can if you like, but then D:CP would be a configure_requires.

Parse::Keyword has an example of a build process that works on Windows,
using EUMM (via Dist::Zilla, but that shouldn't be relevant, you can
just look at the generated Makefile.PL if you want to ignore that).

-doy