[perl #100058] Perl leaves broken UTF-8 in SVs whose UTF8 is set

From:
Ricardo SIGNES via RT
Date:
August 26, 2013 03:20
Subject:
[perl #100058] Perl leaves broken UTF-8 in SVs whose UTF8 is set
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1377487205-1407.100058-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Apr 26 11:11:43 2012, rjbs wrote:
> As of cd7e6c8 the lone remaining change to be made is the default-
> strictness of the :utf8 layer,
> which is not going to happen in 5.16.0.  It will be made most likely
> in early 5.17.
>
> The last few commits, however, make utf-8 handling much stricter,
> including fixing a number of
> bugs reported here and elsewhere.  I invite interested parties to have
> a look!

We hoped to see strict utf8 available in 5.17, but it didn't happen for various reasons.  I got an
update not too long ago that this should be underway again.  Is that still the case?  Can we get a
status report?  That'd be keen.

Thanks!

--
rjbs