Re: [perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API

From:
Zefram
Date:
Re: [perl #119455] [EXPERIMENT] pluggable keyword API
Message ID:
20130825093104.GF31643@fysh.org
Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
>perl 5.12.0 introduced the "pluggable keyword" API.  Although perlexperiment
>has mostly excluded experimental APIs, pluggable keywords have a higher level
>of general interest and use already.

That API turned out to be a poor design, and we should ultimately remove
it.  A much better design for the same job is the per-sub parser hook,
as implemented by Devel::CallParser.  I'd like to put the call-parser
hook into the core and then remove the keyword plugin API.  It has to
be in that order, because Devel::CallParser is currently implemented
via the keyword plugin mechanism.

-zefram