Re: the GitHub perl mirror

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: the GitHub perl mirror
Message ID:
20130820041527.GC12350@fernweh.plasmasturm.org
* David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> [2013-08-19 18:35]:
> If Github is available for PR's, then discussion will inevitably wind
> up there and not on p5p.

One of the things I wasn’t going to bring up just yet is that it does
not seem very hard to extend the script I was intending to write to
attach the commits from a pull request as patches.

(I had no intention of including this in the first version because it’s
not actually that simple. PRs aren’t static patch series, they refer to
live branches, so they can be updated by pushing to that branch, even
redone from scratch by force-pushing to. If a GitHub-to-RT mailer script
is to ferry patches around, it will need to handle such updates sanely.
This is worlds away from a “hey, someone sent a pull request!” 20-liner,
and our baker’s dozen PRs so far do not justify the required effort.)