Re: the GitHub perl mirror

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
Re: the GitHub perl mirror
Message ID:
20130817012623.GB19353@cancer.codesimply.com
* Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> [2013-08-16T19:38:37]
> * Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> [2013-08-12 14:05]:
> > Nobody was informed automatically. :(
>
> https://api.github.com/repos/mirrors/perl/pulls
>
> Uhm, seems pretty trivial to write a script that polls that and sends
> email or chatters into #p5p or whatever. Shall I do the honours?
>
> I wouldn’t want to run it on a machine of mine though, so where do we
> put this then? Do I run crontab on dromedary or something?

...but we can't close the pulls, which then start to look bad.

GitHub suggested that we do what a number of other ex-mirrors have done: switch
to a normal organization-based repository, where we *can* do what we like with
the issues.

Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer owns the "perl" org on GitHub and has consented to make
me an owner so we can create a perl5 repo with which to do just that.

...and then a script for the above would be great.

Still sound good to you?

--
rjbs