the GitHub perl mirror

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
August 11, 2013 23:10
Subject:
the GitHub perl mirror
Message ID:
20130811231035.GA26411@cancer.codesimply.com

Right now, GitHub provides a mirror of perl.git at
https://github.com/mirrors/perl

They allow pull requests to this repository for some unclear reason, and last
time I heard from them (March 2012) they could not disable this.

My feeling is that if they cannot disable pull requests, they should stop
mirroring us.  Pull requests hit GitHub and we don't see them.  Their
suggestion was "add a README to your project if you don't have one, telling
people how to contribute."

I am going to try once more to have the mirror disabled.  If they can't do it,
though, are there objections to asking it be removed?  I do not like having
would-be tickets reach a black hole.

--
rjbs