[perl #101612] perldoc does not recognize =pod and =cut POD without other tags

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 11, 2013 04:20
Subject:
[perl #101612] perldoc does not recognize =pod and =cut POD without other tags
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1376194826-1986.101612-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Nov 19 00:35:21 2011, sprout wrote:
> On Wed Nov 16 21:34:45 2011, comdog wrote:
> > In article <rt-3.6.HEAD-5084-1321412398-1264.101612-15-0@perl.org>,

> > > I believe this has been the way =pod has worked for a long time,
perhaps
> > > always.  I suspect people feel it's a feature, not a bug.
> >
> > This works just fine in my latest perldoc.
> >

> In BDFOY/Pod-Perldoc-3.15_09.tar.gz I have the same problem.
>
> It only occurs if there are no =head directives.

But as of 5.18.0 (at least), it appears to work fine:

#####
$ cat test.pod
=pod

Text; only POD directives are =pod and =cut.

=cut

#####
$ perldoc test.pod

    Text; only POD directives are =pod and =cut.

/tmp/GfAr8HmD8b (END)
#####

Marking ticket resolved.

Thank you very much.