Faulty test? dist/Cwd/t/Spec-taint.t

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
August 9, 2013 18:11
Subject:
Faulty test? dist/Cwd/t/Spec-taint.t
Message ID:
CA+nL+nZKnW0n5ug2x+css9JWArO81iOsgtfDgAB_mgFK2mtyBw@mail.gmail.com
Howdy all.

The second test in dist/Cwd/t/Spec-taint.t checks that the return value for
File::Spec->tmpdir is not tainted. However, the File::Spec docs say this:

"Returns the current directory if no writable temporary directories are
found."

Admittedly that's pretty unusual, but for instance, android doesn't have a
canonical tempdir*, which causes ->tmpdir to return cwd, and the test to
fail. Unfortunately, skipping is not quite as simple as just checking for
-e /tmp, so I'm not sure how to go forward.
Maybe we should just skip it on android, but it doesn't solve the
underlaying issue?

[*] There's several non-world-writeable tempdirs, plus each application
launched by the jvm gets a new private one, and that includes native
applications, but just dropping the perl binary into an android device and
running it means that ->tmpdir will return "."