[perl #119191] "\c\" is a syntax error

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 7, 2013 19:41
Subject:
[perl #119191] "\c\" is a syntax error
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1375904467-247.119191-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Aug 07 07:14:53 2013, mauke- wrote:
> (This bug may be a duplicate but when I search RT for "\c\" I get 693
>    pages of
> no results.)

RT ignores backslashes, which is annoying.

I know I have seen this before, but I can’t find the ticket.  It may
simply have been discussed on p5p.  It was a *long* time ago *Larry Wall
was involved in the discussion.)  It was never fully resolved, though at
the time I think everyone considered it a bug.  Just nobody know how to
fix it.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---