[perl #54728] PathTools-3.27 triggers a bug in Perl

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 4, 2013 05:54
Subject:
[perl #54728] PathTools-3.27 triggers a bug in Perl
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1375595636-1530.54728-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Aug 03 17:29:47 2013, sprout wrote:
> On Sat Aug 03 17:05:29 2013, jkeenan wrote:
> > Path-Tools is a CPAN distribution.  In the Perl 5 core distribution,
> > File::Spec appears under 'dist/Cwd/'.  So I don't see why we should be
> > concerned with Path-Tools per se.
>
> dist/Cwd *is* PathTools.  blead is upstream.  The CPAN distribution name
> happens to be different from the directory name in blead.  I don’t know
> the history of that.
>
> Bugs relating to PathTools modules in general can go in this tracker.
> Bugs relating to the CPAN (e.g., the Makefile.PL, which is not in blead)
> packaging go in the CPAN queue.  At least that’s how I report them.  In
> actuality, both categories of bugs end up in both queues.
>
> Yes, it’s a mess.

Sorry, that was meant to be an informative note, but it turned into a rant.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open