[perl #54728] PathTools-3.27 triggers a bug in Perl

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 4, 2013 00:29
Subject:
[perl #54728] PathTools-3.27 triggers a bug in Perl
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1375576187-1608.54728-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Aug 03 17:05:29 2013, jkeenan wrote:
> Path-Tools is a CPAN distribution.  In the Perl 5 core distribution,
> File::Spec appears under 'dist/Cwd/'.  So I don't see why we should be
> concerned with Path-Tools per se.

dist/Cwd *is* PathTools.  blead is upstream.  The CPAN distribution name
happens to be different from the directory name in blead.  I don’t know
the history of that.

Bugs relating to PathTools modules in general can go in this tracker.
Bugs relating to the CPAN (e.g., the Makefile.PL, which is not in blead)
packaging go in the CPAN queue.  At least that’s how I report them.  In
actuality, both categories of bugs end up in both queues.

Yes, it’s a mess.

(And I don’t know why the CPAN Makefile.PL cannot be in core.)

> Is this ticket closable?

I don’t know the answer to that.

--

Father Chrysostomos