[perl #70203] The instructions for patching Configure could use a bit of an update

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 3, 2013 17:07
Subject:
[perl #70203] The instructions for patching Configure could use a bit of an update
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1375549623-209.70203-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Nov 04 23:51:57 2009, hmbrand wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:29:08 -0500, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue  3.Nov'09 at 23:41:59 -0800, H. Merijn Brand via RT wrote:

> git, not sourceforge.
> > >
> > > In defense ...
> > >
> > > http://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git/
> > > http://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git/blob/HEAD:/README is
> already
> > > up-to-date and mentions
> > >
> > > $ git clone git://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git metaconfig
> >
> > Apologies! My statement was about:
> >
> > # Note: this Configure script was generated automatically. Rather
> than
> > # working with this copy of Configure, you may wish to get
> metaconfig.
> > # The dist package (which contains metaconfig) is available via SVN:
> > #     svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dist/trunk/dist
> > #
> > #
> > # Though this script was generated by metaconfig, it is OK to send
> > # patches against it. It's up to the Configure pumpkin to backport
> > # the patch to the metaunits if it is accepted.
> > # See Porting/pumpkin.pod for more information on metaconfig.
> >
> > in blead's "Configure"
>
> Ah, correct. I will address that shortly!

Has this question about how/where we say changes to Configure need to be
committed been addressed?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---