Re: Use of [META] tickets in RT

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
Re: Use of [META] tickets in RT
Message ID:
20130730014113.GA20956@cancer.codesimply.com
* James E Keenan <jkeen@verizon.net> [2013-07-28T10:40:20]
> * Do we have a policy for [META] tickets?

Not as far as I know.

> * If we don't, should we?

It might be useful to document what they are and what they're for.  I don't
think we need a policy against discussion on the [META] ticket.  If we have a
metaticket for "fix all instances of X," and then need to talk about the
general problem, the metaticket seems like the right place.

That said, if there's a subordinate ticket for a specific aspect of the
problem, the conversation can and should move over there.

Do you think that there is a significant problem being caused by doing
otherwise?

--
rjbs