Re: [perl #119069] Regex segmentation fault

From:
ph10
Date:
Re: [perl #119069] Regex segmentation fault
Message ID:
alpine.LNX.2.03.1307291708190.15592@hermes.cam.ac.uk
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Leon Timmermans via RT wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Philip Hazel <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > The following command segfaults:
> >
> > perl -e '"back" =~ /^(?=(a)){0}b(?1)/;'
> >
> > It should match "ba". This is one of my standard PCRE tests that used to
> > work correctly with previous versions of Perl.
>
> I think this bug has already been fixed in blead (it was discussed at
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2013/06/msg203855.html)
> and seems to have been backported to maint-5.18, so it will be part of
> 5.18.1 soon :-)

Great! Thanks for very speedy response. I'm afraid I'm about to post a
couple more that have turned up during my comparison testing.

Regards,
Philip

--
Philip Hazel