Re: [perl #116773] Documentation of $ in perlre

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
Re: [perl #116773] Documentation of $ in perlre
Message ID:
CALJW-qEEmOC-JqZ2eVw31GG6MUgo==NLMpqk4NMOO6MUph+Z4A@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Karl Williamson via RT <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> The OP hasn't replied in almost 6 months to your request.  Is there
> anything wrong with just adding 'the string' as he suggested?

He made two additions. His suggested text ("Match the end of the string (or
before a newline at the end of the string)") does seem better to me.

That said, I'm not sure why the whole reason for using $ instead of \z is
in parens. The parens make that text seem to be of little consequence.