[perl #114278] Dual life install location

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 24, 2013 01:17
Subject:
[perl #114278] Dual life install location
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1374628625-576.114278-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jul 29 05:39:50 2012, LeonT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Leon Timmermans
> > <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> >> The last two didn't show up when grepping (since they don't have a
> >> Makefile.PL in core), I may have missed some more.
> >
> > That indeed seems to be the case. PathTools, AutoLoader, SelfLoader,
> > parent, Archive::Tar, Filter::Simple, Text::Balanced,
> > Package-Constants, NEXT, base, Text-ParseWords, File-Fetch, Net-Ping.
> > And that's just from the first page of grep.cpan.me.
>
> See http://grep.cpan.me/?q=INSTALLDIRS\s*%3D%3E.*perl and
> http://grep.cpan.me/?q=installdirs\s*%3D%3E.*core for more. Quite
> frankly, it seems we should assume any dual-life module is always
> installing to 'perl' unless prove otherwise is given.
>
> Leon

Leon,

Is this the same problem as is being tracked in
https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116479?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---