[perl #115928] rand() on Windows only uses 15 bits of entropy

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 19, 2013 07:59
Subject:
[perl #115928] rand() on Windows only uses 15 bits of entropy
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1374220776-1998.115928-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Dec 18 13:55:44 2012, demerphq wrote:
> Oh, i deleted and recreated a rebased smoke-me/builtin_rng so be
> careful how you update. Do a fetch and reset --hard.

The list seems to have lost interest in this ticket, and I don't recall
any other fixes being pushed for it.

One problem I see with the smoke-me/builtin_rng branch is that WELLRNGa
code is GPL which I believe is not suitable for inclusion in perl.

I've rebased smoke-me/builtin_rng and pushed to tonyc/builtin_rng.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open