[perl #78190] Fix for pod2html links to ".html#foobar"

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 18, 2013 01:00
Subject:
[perl #78190] Fix for pod2html links to ".html#foobar"
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1374109211-824.78190-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Nov 28 13:37:33 2011, occitan@esperanto.org wrote:
> la 11/27/2011 07:07 AM Father Chrysostomos via RT skribis:
> > On Sun Oct 03 10:40:59 2010, occitan@esperanto.org wrote:
> >> My patch fixes that by changing to the everything before last dot
> >>
> > Your patch does not apply against bleadperl, but there is a good
> chance
> > it has been fixed.  Could you provide a test case, or try out blead
> > yourself?
>
> Gosh, I don't remember.  I have somehow worked around this in the
> makepp doc,
> so I don't know what the test case was.
>
> And you scare me by saying that it has been rewritten on top of
> Pod::Simple!
> I still have the trauma of 5.8.7 wantonly switching to incompatible
> (and too
> primitive, e.g. case insensitive) =item links.  That made me fix
> L<links> all
> over the place.  I hope you didn't repeat that nightmare!
>
> Otoh I hope you finally made X<anchors> work, even though for makepp,
> which is
> backwards compatible to 5.6, that is useless...

I tested this with a pod file test.pod which linked to test2.pod in the
same directory.

Then ran:

~/perl/v5.19.1-487-gdd686e5/bin/pod2html5.19.2 --podpath=. --podroot=.
--htmlroot=. --infile=test.pod --outfile=test.html

This produced the html:

So assuming my test is good, this is fixed.

I'll close this in a few days unless the requestor can provide a test
case that fails.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open