[perl #118691] Perl dies on usage of index [-1] for array in subroutine call

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 17, 2013 01:15
Subject:
[perl #118691] Perl dies on usage of index [-1] for array in subroutine call
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1374023732-573.118691-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Jul 06 13:36:42 2013, perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org wrote:
> * Father Chrysostomos via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2013-07-
> 06T16:22:08]
> > On Sat Jul 06 12:39:26 2013, perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org wrote:
> > > I think so.  (I am speaking here only as a user.  So, probably:
> apply
> > > unless
> > > somebody has a great objection... which probably should've
> happened by
> > > now?)
> >
> > Erm, apply what?  Nobody has written a patch yet. :-)
>
> Patches when written, of course.

Speaking of patches, LvTARGOFF is a STRLEN, which is unsigned, but I
need to store a signed value in there.

Before I go and screw things up by casting between types of different
sizes, what is the signed equivalent of STRLEN?  Is it SSize_t?  Or
should I make xlv_targoff into a STRLEN/SSize_t union?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open