[perl #116819] endless loop debugging DosGlob

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 16, 2013 07:06
Subject:
[perl #116819] endless loop debugging DosGlob
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1373958372-1649.116819-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Feb 17 19:27:48 2013, craigberry wrote:
> The commit in question adds an XS routine _callsite that consists
>    entirely of:
>
> SV *
> _callsite(...)
>     CODE:
>        RETVAL = newSVpvn(
>                   (char *)&cxstack[cxstack_ix].blk_sub.retop,
>    sizeof(OP *)
>                 );
>     OUTPUT:
>        RETVAL
>
> I'm wondering why it's taking the address of retop since that is
>    already of type OP*, but I may be misparsing this and don't have
>    the time at the moment to dig deeper.

It’s reading the pointer as a string, to get the memory address of the op.

So presumably it’s getting confused because it is not stepping over the
debugger’s call frames.  Or something like that.

I wonder whether Devel::Callsite has the same bug.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open