[perl #117355] [lu]cfirst don't respect 'use bytes'

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 15, 2013 06:22
Subject:
[perl #117355] [lu]cfirst don't respect 'use bytes'
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1373869353-176.117355-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 04 18:40:10 2013, tonyc wrote:
> On Sat May 04 20:03:46 2013, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:
> > Attached is a patch that fixes the original report.  The code it
> > changes
> > is a small portion of this commit:
>
> As much as I despise use bytes, I think this patch could go in, but it
> would need tests.
>
> If no-one else provides tests I'll write some over the next few days.
>
> Or not, if people object to the change, in which case they should
> propose an alternative.

Attached, some very basic tests, bytes.pm doesn't deserve much more :)

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open