Re: Recommended file-copying method

From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
Re: Recommended file-copying method
Message ID:
m2txk4nca1.fsf@phoenix.squirrel.nl
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> writes:

> I think it depends if you do the open or just take a handle.  If you
> do the open,  you can open with :unix only, bypass :perlio buffering
> and ...

As stated earlier, this operation should be classified as a store or put
or write, since it applies to data. Copy, OTOH, would imply making an
identical copy (including file properties) of a file object from the
file system.

Please let's not make the already existing confusion bigger.

This is the change to improve on a API.

-- Johan