'use base': Should it be remove from modules in core?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
July 4, 2013 14:09
Subject:
'use base': Should it be remove from modules in core?
Message ID:
20130704140920.17416.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Because https://rt.perl.org/rt3//Ticket/Display.html?id=118561 has been
marked resolved, it's sub-optimal to discuss wider issues in that
ticket.  So I'd like to ask people to move the discussion about 'use
base' onto the p5p list.  We can open new RT tickets once we have a
consensus on how to proceed and a plan of attack.

This is where we stand:

On 7/4/13 3:53 AM, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
 > On 4 July 2013 00:23, Karen Etheridge<perl@froods.org>  wrote:
 >> >
 >> >  Why is base still in core, anyway?  Isn't it past time that we
throw it in
 >> >  the bikeshed at the foot of the garden where the trolls live?
 >> >
 > There are a few core modules that use base. It could be interesting to
 > switch them to parent.

To help move the discussion forward, I am attaching the output of:

find . -type f -name '*.pm' -a ! -path '*/cpan*'

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan