[perl #40652] unclear version error message

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 4, 2013 05:19
Subject:
[perl #40652] unclear version error message
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372915142-1143.40652-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Apr 18 05:49:13 2012, nicholas wrote:
> My impression was that Win32 already can (easily) report the path of
> the
> shared library, as perl is already using this to find paths for @INC
> [Please correct me if I'm wrong]

Perl on Win32 includes code to initialize w32_module_name when the DLL
is loaded.

> (at least Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OS X and Solaris and, gosh, HP-UX.

I can add Haiku-OS to that list (well, it's in the headers.)

This ticket included a patch to Config.pm, which is a generated file, so
I've rejected the patch.

The ticket itself remains open if anyone is interested.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open