[perl #112404] SIG_PENDING_DIE_COUNT kills program in valid use case

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 3, 2013 01:31
Subject:
[perl #112404] SIG_PENDING_DIE_COUNT kills program in valid use case
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372815064-704.112404-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jun 23 21:29:33 2013, tonyc wrote:
> My impression here is Ingo is doing something unsupported by perl's safe
> signals - using SA_RESTART while calling system calls that might block
> for long periods of time.
>
> So I'm inclined to reject this patch.
>
> On Tue Apr 17 10:10:46 2012, bulk88 wrote:
> > For OS2, why not just save the
> > results/the pid  of the wait call on the c sig handler on, then when
> > wait is done from Perl language give back the pid of the wait call from
> > the c handler?
>
> That's a fairly large change for a platform we don't have much access to.
>
> Of course, it's possible we should drop OS/2 support (though it's
> successor, eComStation is still active.)

Since there's been no further discussion, I'm rejecting the patch and
closing the ticket.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open