[perl #67298] Socket.xs does not handle correctly UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD

From:
btik-fbsd@scoubidou.com via RT
Date:
July 2, 2013 19:43
Subject:
[perl #67298] Socket.xs does not handle correctly UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372710183-981.67298-15-0@perl.org
Le Mar. Jun. 25 17:33:17 2013, tonyc a �crit�:
> On Tue Jul 07 09:53:21 2009, maximum.solo wrote:
> > This is a bug report for perl from btik-fbsd@scoubidou.com,
> > generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.10.0.
> >
> > Bug with UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD (at least 7.0 until 7.2
> > RELEASE).
> >
> > The unpack_sockaddr_un of perl-5.10.0/ext/Socket/Socket.xs does not
> > handle correctly struct sockaddr_un under FreeBSD in some cases.
> >
> > It returns errors like:
> >     Bad arg length for Socket::unpack_sockaddr_un, length is 16,
> >     should be 106 at ...
> >

> Hi,
>
> I can reproduce the failure with your test code on FreeBSD 9.1.
>
> Socket.xs has changed significantly since you submitted this changed,
> and is now upstream CPAN.
>
> Could you please produce a new patch and submit it as a ticket to Socket?
>
> Otherwise I'll take a closer look at some point.
>
> Tony

Hi Tony,

Done: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=86613

Best regards,