[perl #32380] numeric.c assumes that NV_DIG+2 will be enough digits for all precision possible in NV

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 2, 2013 07:00
Subject:
[perl #32380] numeric.c assumes that NV_DIG+2 will be enough digits for all precision possible in NV
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372748436-1172.32380-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Oct 03 15:57:59 2010, sprout wrote:
> Thank you. I’ve applied your patch to numeric.c as ffa277e.
>
> I have not applied the test yet. How can I detect, from within the test,
> that it is running on IRIX and that it is the right version of IRIX?
> (Are there version difference, with regard to floating-point semantic?)

I've marked the patch as applied in RT.

I expect the fix would be:

- some test (as a test, not a standalone script) to test that numeric
conversion is accurate

- updates to hints/ for the appropriate platforms.

If this was only IRIX I'd be tempted to simply close the ticket, but
41202 and 47087 describe similar problems.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open