[perl #3330] Magic increment avoids warning unexpectedly

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 2, 2013 06:23
Subject:
[perl #3330] Magic increment avoids warning unexpectedly
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372746230-972.3330-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Jul 17 20:02:48 2010, greerga wrote:
> As such, I'm not entirely convinced this patch is a good idea but it
> will at least be a point of discussion for whether to change the
> behavior or not.

I tend to think the change is a good idea, but that the patch provided
is incorrect.

I've added another patch which I think is a better approach that matches
how sv_2nv_flags determines whether a warning should be produced.  It
needs tests, which I'll write if we want this warning.

The question is - do we?

If not, lets close this ticket.

Tony

---