[perl #5749] libsafe and perl

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
June 30, 2013 01:26
Subject:
[perl #5749] libsafe and perl
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372555551-709.5749-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 26 15:37:25 2012, Hugmeir wrote:
> On Tue Feb 06 06:09:05 2001, ghartlieb@mail.arc.nasa.gov wrote:
> > I am running Mandrake 7.2 with perl 5.6 and libsafe.
> >
> > Libsafe  detects a memcpy problem when I do a "make test" under the
> > Storable-1.0.7 and kills the test. If I turn off libsafe all is OK.
> >

> > I searched the Web and have not seen and info. on this, so I thought
> > I let you know.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Is this still a concern? Looks to me like libsafe has been abandoned for
> nearly as long as this ticket.
>
> --hugmeir

Indeed.  According to http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Libsafe, the most
recent stable version of Libsafe was issued in 2001.

I am going to take this ticket for the purpose of closing it in 7 days
unless someone else takes it over and proposes a solution.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open