[perl #23813] misleading example in perldoc -f flock

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
June 30, 2013 00:53
Subject:
[perl #23813] misleading example in perldoc -f flock
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372553583-800.23813-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 26 19:44:41 2012, tom christiansen wrote:
> So I think what that's saying is that the seek is immaterial
> because of the append mode on the open, which I believe is
> correct.  That means there doesn't need to be lock/unlock
> functions to do niceties, but one can just call flock directly.
> Well, there's still the buffering concern on some systems, I suppose.
>
> --tom

Tom, does that mean that this nearly ten-year-old RT is closable?  (It
appears closable to me, FWIW.)

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---