[perl #73474] fwrite will segfault if stream is null

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
June 30, 2013 00:28
Subject:
[perl #73474] fwrite will segfault if stream is null
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372552086-1779.73474-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 05 04:28:12 2012, LeonT wrote:
> On Tue Mar 09 15:42:51 2010, cbratcher wrote:
> > The following works (but does not print "bar") in perlio.  But will
> > segfault if you set PERLIO to stdio.
> >
> > perl -le 'print "foo"; binmode ":pop"; binmode ":pop"; print "bar";'
> >
> > This appears to've been a bug as far back as 5.8.0.
> > perlbug seems to be missing -u...  so I'll add the patch in
> > rt.perl.org
>
> That code is binmoding the filehandle *{":pop"}, instead of STDOUT as
> you probably intended, which makes it hard for us to reproduce your bug.
>
> The same code using binmode STDOUT, ":pop" doesn't segfault for me on
> anything I tried.
>
> Leon

Leon,

Neither the original poster nor anyone else has responded to your post
of last year.  Should we close this RT?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---