Re: the mystery of the undef upstreams

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 28, 2013 16:22
Re: the mystery of the undef upstreams
Message ID:
20130628162228.GW3729@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:08:26PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:

> Porting/Maintainers.pl is a funny file.  It's the source of many useful data,
> like whether a dist is upstream-cpan or upstream-blead, and how upstream-cpan
> dists have been customized when merged into core, and so on.
>
> It's also got stuff like, "this is the person who is on point for such and such
> pod file."
>
> I'd like to clean it up in two ways:
>
> 1. determine the upstream for undecided dists
> 2. drop the "person on the spot" listing for things where it's not useful

Seems useful.

It's also got a whole bunch of module entries for modules in ext/ as well as
a catch-all pseudo-module _PERLLIB which mops up a few more. Most of the
entries in ext/ just use a lot of lines to say that "blead" is upstream
(as it should be)

I'm not sure that it's really worth keeping all the "blead upstream"
modules in ext/ split out.

I can't spot anything obviously wrong with your proposed changes.
In particular, the "things to remove" seems sane. Why are they even special-
cased into this document?

Nicholas Clark