[perl #118633] Output of perldoc -f tr is truncated

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
June 28, 2013 00:38
Subject:
[perl #118633] Output of perldoc -f tr is truncated
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372379882-1756.118633-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jun 25 07:20:21 2013, Peter@PSDT.com wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from peter@psdt.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.19.2.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> % perldoc -f tr
>     Quote and Quote-like Operators
> [...]
>             tr/SEARCHLIST/REPLACEMENTLIST/cdsr
> %
>
> It should have kept going and displayed the documentation for tr|y. It
> stopped because it reached the =item line for y/// in this extract
> from
> perlop.pod:
>
> =item tr/SEARCHLIST/REPLACEMENTLIST/cdsr
>
> =item y/SEARCHLIST/REPLACEMENTLIST/cdsr
>
> Not sure what the best fix would be here.

1. Bug confirmed.

2. I suspect it's a problem with 'perldoc -f' -- but *not* the problem
which underlies RT #118615.  (The patch that Shlomi submitted for
118615, which works for me, does not work for me for this problem.)

3. As was the case with #118615, since Pod-Perldoc is primarily
maintained on CPAN, I am going to close this ticket here and open up a
ticket at https://rt.cpan.org//Dist/Display.html?Queue=Pod-Perldoc.
See:  https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=86506

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan