Re: the mystery of the undef upstreams

From:
David Golden
Date:
June 27, 2013 14:46
Re: the mystery of the undef upstreams
Message ID:
CAOeq1c_aAwtu3tcz=iaCFi+FbQwCT2Zbj+mxUxsHe3jW2mc4gQ@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Ricardo Signes
<perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> version

This is de facto blead because it's supposed to track what's in
universal.c, but it's not really a dual-life distribution in the
normal sense.  E.g. its files are in lib and jpeacock maintains the
pure-perl separately and occasionally has to patch and release to
track back to blead.  It's the one thing on the list that jumps out as
possibly deserving to stay "undef" just because it's so unusual.

> parent

I'd be inclined to let this be blead, the way base.pm is.  They should
be pretty stable -- but if they need to change it's probably because
we're doing something in blead with inheritance or module loading so
we might as well fix them in blead and let changes eventually flow to
CPAN.

>   2 - Time-Piece might be better off becoming upstream-blead, since all its
>       patches are coming from blead, for some time now

+1

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg