[perl #67298] Socket.xs does not handle correctly UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 26, 2013 00:33
Subject:
[perl #67298] Socket.xs does not handle correctly UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372206797-577.67298-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jul 07 09:53:21 2009, maximum.solo wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from btik-fbsd@scoubidou.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.10.0.
>
> Bug with UNIX domain sockets on FreeBSD (at least 7.0 until 7.2
> RELEASE).
>
> The unpack_sockaddr_un of perl-5.10.0/ext/Socket/Socket.xs does not
> handle correctly struct sockaddr_un under FreeBSD in some cases.
>
> It returns errors like:
>     Bad arg length for Socket::unpack_sockaddr_un, length is 16,
>     should be 106 at ...

Hi,

I can reproduce the failure with your test code on FreeBSD 9.1.

Socket.xs has changed significantly since you submitted this changed,
and is now upstream CPAN.

Could you please produce a new patch and submit it as a ticket to Socket?

Otherwise I'll take a closer look at some point.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open