[perl #118091] [GITHUB] Split gv_fetchpvn_flags into smaller functions

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 25, 2013 00:31
Subject:
[perl #118091] [GITHUB] Split gv_fetchpvn_flags into smaller functions
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372120287-1989.118091-15-0@perl.org
On Tue May 21 08:23:20 2013, Hugmeir wrote:
> https://github.com/Hugmeir/utf8mess/commits/split_gv_fetchpvn_flags
>
> That branch splits gv_fetchpvn_flags() into four helper functions:
> parse_gv_stash_name, which parses the name passed in to find a glob
> name
> and optionally a stash, find_default_stash, which, if the previous
> function
> didn't find a stash or some flags were passed in, looks for a suitable
> stash
> for the new glob, magicalize_gv, which adds magic to a newly-created
> glob,
> and
> maybe_multimagic_gv, which checks if an already-existing glob needs a
> different
> king of magic, ala *! needing to be magicalized for $! and %!.
> ...I'm not confident the names are all that descriptive, so feel free
> suggest alternatives for those.

Hi Brian,

Could you rebase this on blead please?

Thanks,