[perl #90910] Re: (not) Building perl with makepp

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 24, 2013 05:01
Subject:
[perl #90910] Re: (not) Building perl with makepp
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372050096-1879.90910-15-0@perl.org
On Tue May 17 14:23:16 2011, occitan@esperanto.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sadly I missed the news that the last big show stopper below got
> fixed.  Some
> of the others (like "$(MAKE)") were fixed partly, so here's a patch to
> finish
> that.  Sadly to late to be merged into 5.14.0, but finally after many
> years
> Perl is again buildable with the Perl build tool makepp :-)

Based on the discssion in this ticket, I'm rejecting it.

There's a later makepp ticket at
https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116312 which discusses
some of the same issues (with an updated makepp) but doesn't include a
patch.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open