[perl #112404] SIG_PENDING_DIE_COUNT kills program in valid use case

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 24, 2013 04:29
Subject:
[perl #112404] SIG_PENDING_DIE_COUNT kills program in valid use case
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1372048173-1651.112404-15-0@perl.org
My impression here is Ingo is doing something unsupported by perl's safe
signals - using SA_RESTART while calling system calls that might block
for long periods of time.

So I'm inclined to reject this patch.

On Tue Apr 17 10:10:46 2012, bulk88 wrote:
> For OS2, why not just save the
> results/the pid  of the wait call on the c sig handler on, then when
> wait is done from Perl language give back the pid of the wait call from
> the c handler?

That's a fairly large change for a platform we don't have much access to.

Of course, it's possible we should drop OS/2 support (though it's
successor, eComStation is still active.)

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open