[perl #46415] Segmentation fault when using encoding ':locale' and creating a new threa d

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
June 21, 2013 20:36
Subject:
[perl #46415] Segmentation fault when using encoding ':locale' and creating a new threa d
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1371846976-1738.46415-14-0@perl.org
On Sun Oct 14 09:17:55 2007, jdhedden@cpan.org wrote:
> Florent Bayle wrote:
> > The following code segfault on my system
> > perl -Mthreads -e "use encoding ':locale'; threads->create(sub {});"
>
> Bo Lindbergh wrote:
> > Yet another symptom of PerlIO::encoding not being thread safe.
> > See <http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=31923> for
> > the full story.
>
> Gee, shouldn't this be documented in the POD.  Patch attached.

I just ran this on blead, and got a segfault.  Is there a reason not to
apply his warning patch, or a variant thereof?

--
Karl Williamson