[perl #113786] Patch for Porting/todo.pod task, refactor test to use test.lib

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
June 18, 2013 00:46
Subject:
[perl #113786] Patch for Porting/todo.pod task, refactor test to use test.lib
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2552-1371516385-134.113786-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jul 03 13:33:38 2012, sprout wrote:
> On Tue Jun 26 01:42:41 2012, colink@perldreamer.com wrote:
> > Attached is an updated patch with like instead of ok( && ), and I used
> > done_testing(), too.
>
> Please be careful with done_testing.  If a test is inside a method/sub
> call, loop or eval, and the method call (e.g.) itself is being tested,
> it is too easy for tests to fail to run at all, without being noticed.
> That actually happened to me once.

There was *extensive* back-and-forth on this patch submitted a year ago
by Colin Kuskie, but I believe it was ultimately resolved by commit
ce6d40e02d52b9152b44a5fc2180efda15a7d069 applied by Nicholas on July 3
of last year.

I am taking this ticket for the purpose of closing it in 7 days.  If
anyone believes the patch was not applied, please speak up and take over
the ticket.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---